Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:14:41 -0500
Don's original msg " Hello,

Lots of great info here!  I'm trying to help a friend upgrade to a new
computer.  His old one is running Windows 98---not SE---and his new one
is running Windows XP Home Edition.  He's got a lot of personal files
and some downloaded programs (paid for) that he'd like to transfer to
his new setup.  The old machine does not have a CD burner, only a
diskette drive.  What would be the best way to transfer all of this data
to the new machine?  Thanx in advance. "

Don

What you need is a good back up utility. I suggest you browse the pc soft archives for may 2005 (7th may to be precise) for a subject titled " recommend new back up pkg ) in which you will find a post by Sven Swanson,Sr which is very detailed along with a large list of url's of freeware/shareware/paid back up utiliies. perhaps one of them may suit your needs.I assume you are familiar with the procedure to update from win 98 to win xp. I am rather unclear on this since in your post you say --" help a friend upgrade--" and again say --"old one running win 98 and new one is running win xp---" good luck and have a nice day---- venkat viswanathan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml