Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:15:51 -0400
On doing a search on the MS Newsgroups, I found this message and answer from one of
the MSVP's who monitor the groups.    You can also use this site (also provided by one
of the MSVP's) to search all of the available MS Newsgroups for more info:
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xpf.htm
Does it sound like your problem?
> After the XP splash screen, get the option to boot in  Safe, Normal ,etc. Any option
I choose, leads to the

> following error:

> "Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure}.  The registry cannot load the hive (file):

> \systemroot\system32\config\software or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent,
or not writeable

> Begin dump of physical memory

> Dumping physical memory to the hard disk (count)"

> Count starts from 1 and machine shuts down at 90+.

Answer:

You have Boot.INI trouble. Boot from CD, and start the Recovery Console

Use the command 'type C:\boot.ini' ...save the file for backup,

Identify your drives with the 'MAP' utility.

Compare the entries in the boot.ini [operating system] block, with the results you see
from Map.

At this point you may see a way to hack boot.ini. You might try various edits from
backup.

The utilities 'bootcfg', and 'fixboot' may help you do that.

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate

marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer mvp/xp notes.htm

Marg Belliveau