Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peetie Wheatstraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:38:08 -0500
It is my understanding that, in common parlance, "cloning" refers to
replication.

"Disk Imaging", in common parlance, refers to the process of converting a
native file structure to a proprietary format, which is what most "Backup"
programs do.

To refer to "disk Imaging" as "cloning" is, at minimum, confusing, and,
at maximum, very misleading (wikipedia notwithstanding) IMHO.

  Peetie

>Date:    Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:12:43 -0400
>From:    Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Free Clone Program
>
>The definition of cloning seems to include imaging in most cases.
>
>"Disk cloning is the process of copying the contents of one computer
>hard disk to another disk or to an "image" file. Often, the contents
>of the first disk are written to an image file as an intermediate
>step, and the second disk is loaded with the contents of the image.
>This procedure is also useful when moving to a larger capacity disk or
>to restore the disk to a previous state."
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_cloning
>
>What is disk cloning?
>
>"Disk cloning is the act of copying the contents of a computer's hard
>drive. The contents are typically saved as a disk image file and
>transferred to a storage medium, which could be another computer's
>hard drive or removable media such as a DVD or a USB drive."
>http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/disk-cloning.html

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads