Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:58:02 -0400
I have had several doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc approach me with
the same questions.
There are quite a few software packages that will do what your client asks
for.  They are predominately Unix based, although some have been/are being
ported to NT.

My experiences in this area resulted in these findings.
They will not sell to a consultant or reseller.  They sell only to the end
user.
The multi-user package costs are typically in the $10,000US price range.
(With 8 satellite offices, I wouldn't be surprised if the final bill is
around $15-18,000.)
They all *require* VERY expensive annual "support" contracts ($1000 and
up).
Most of them _insist_ that the doctor also buy *ALL* hardware from them.
They do not like "outsiders".  Every one I called, ranged from
uncooperative to hostile once they found out I was not a member of the
medical community.

I also found that there are several really nice single-user SHAREWARE
packages that run within Windows 9x.  You can do a search at
www.shareware.com or any search engine and see what's available.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====