Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:38:08 -0500
Jim: We seem to have versions of Win.9x that respond differently. Please see
my comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jim Meagher
 Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Win98 StartUp choices

You get to the start up menu for ANY windows9x version
(and Windows ME) by pressing the F8 key when you see
"Starting Windows...."
Neither William nor I see "Starting Windows...."  when we start our
computer.

As William pointed out, there is only a 3-5 second
"window of opportunity" to do this.  You MUST pay attention,
or it will be gone before you have a chance to hit the key.
That is most certainly correct and is why I press the Ctrl key when I see,
"Press Delete to enter Setup". This has the same effect that pressing F8 had
in Win 95 at the "Starting Windows..." notation.  It takes me to the Start
Up Menu. William tells me that he now has the same result.

Pressing the CTRL and/or SHIFT keys may be part of
the process to enter CMOS settings, but they have nothing
to do with the Windows boot process.
As I quoted from the Microsoft Help file, some computers use F8 instead of
Ctrl to open the Start Up Menu.  Since reading your note I have tried the F8
key and it has the same effect. I guess I have a bi-something or other
operating system :O}.

Peter Darrach

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html