Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 06:45:32 -0400
My guess would be that you have a virus since none of those things you mention as showing up in the startup file look like anything I've ever seen in any Windows OS.The excessive popups may also be part of a virus.  Having all those search boxes on your desktop is not normal either.  Usually you get those when you have a bad link (i.e. you have uninstalled something and you still have a shortcut for it that you try). You should reinstall your spyware to see what comes up and run your virus checker after you've made sure it has the latest definitions.

>When I have to reboot my system because it gets hung up, after my icon page
>comes up, I have been having a Search Window come up in the lower left hand
>corner of the screen that says something to the effect of "Windows is searching
>for xxxxxxxx(combination of different letters and numbers).exe shortcut.  Then
>I have the option to Browse or Cancel.
>
>I keep hitting Cancel.  There must be about 50 of these that pop up before my
>system is ready to be used.
>
>When I go to Start/Programs/Start Up there are listed such files as OM9CLORI,
>6WQ9WX7X, etc.  I always delete them but every time they come back.  These
>are all prefaced by the open Windows symbol.  there must be at least 15 on there
>presently.  They come back every time I have to reboot and I delete them
>again (sigh)
>
>I noticed this happened after I added SpyWare to my system and then decided
>to delete it.  Even though I went through Add/Delete Programs to delete it,
>could it be causing a problem?
>
>I also get a TON of popups from IE.  I have popup control set on AOL but
>apparently it doesn't help with IE.
>
>I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computer stuff.
>
>Thanks for any info you can send my way.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.