Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:36:55 +1000
Hulda wrote:
>the players keep going off an=
>d on and buffering so that I can hardly keep listening, because I have to=
>  keep clicking them on all night long.>>

That's usually a sign that your internet connection is either dropping out
or being interfered with.  Check the problem out with your ISP. Cheaper
modems can tend to drop out at any sign of static or other interference on
the line. Some satellite connections can be  particularly susceptible to
local storm interference.  Your satellite ISP should be able to advise you
if there are any problems in your area.

Try turning off Spybot Teatimer. I used it for a short while, but found it
painfully invasive.

Another likely problem area is Messenger. It's a high-risk environment, so
do a double-check on Spyware and Malware.
In fact, some technicians will tell you that if you choose to allow
Messenger to remain active, you should be prepared to reformat or re-image
your hard drive every few months. It's sometimes the only way to get rid of
pesky malware problems, some of which can be very pernicious. Steve
Gibson's highly-respected computer security site has a little utility
called "Shoot-The-Messenger" which will disable this function completely.
Even if you disable it manually you also need to shut down the Service
associated with it.  http://www.grc.com/default.htm.  while there, you
might like to check out your computer's security rating by using the
on-line ShieldsUp tool.

If you have ZA Pro, it will tell you what is phoning out from your
computer. Any such spyware activity, which will be otherwise invisible to
you, will consume bandwidth at the expense of your streaming video. Spyware
phoning out can slow internet browsing down to a standstill.  Do some
on-line spyware checks if you have to.  My best guess is that you have an
infected computer. Speed checks will only tell you the total web speed, but
not what's actually using it up.

Spybot alone won't find everything, nor will it keep everything out. You
need at least 2, preferably 3, antispyware scanning programs. AdAware and
A-Squared are 2 of the better free ones.  Windows Defender is very popular.
I think the excellent Ewido also has a free version, though you have to pay
for its active protection. You should not have more than one actively
running all the time in protection mode.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml