Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:25:14 -0500
What operating system are you talking about?

Where is the "Tools|Folder Options" selection located?

In Vista, in the Control Panel, there is a "Folder Options" section, but no
file types tab.

In Vista "Help," one can find this statement,

"Usually, file name extensions should not be changed because you might not
be able to open or edit the file after doing so. Sometimes, however,
changing the file name extension can be useful-such as when you need to
change a text file (.txt) to an HTML file (.htm) so that you can view it in
a web browser. To change a file name extension, first ensure that file name
extensions are visible. Then, right-click the file you want to change and
click Rename. Delete the file name extension, type the new extension, and
then press ENTER. Windows will warn you that changing the file name
extension might cause the file to stop working properly. If you are certain
that the extension you typed is one that the program you are using will
understand, click Yes to confirm the change."

Dean Kukral

----- Original Message -----

From: "David Gillett" <[log in to unmask]>

  Underneath Tools|Folder Options, the "File Types" tab allows you to set
the icon associated with any file extension.

  For filetypes associated with a particular application, the application
installer normally initializes this association using an icon bundled with
the application -- usually, stored as a "resource" inside an .EXE or .DLL
file, rather than as a separate .ICO file.  But that does not prevent a user
from later changing the association to any other icon available on the
system.

David Gillett

On 10 Sep 2007 at 22:23, Don Penlington wrote:

> Greg wrote:
> >I need to be steered to the area where I can assign icons to file
> >types.>>
>

> These are usually written into the software associated with the particular
> filetype. I doubt you can change them unless you can learn how to
> re-program the software itself.  Some progs (eg Irfanview) give you a
> choice of icons in their options.
>
> Don Penlington

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml