Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:26:46 +1000
Mark writes:

<<I am having a problem getting a full screen view, while watching a mpeg-1
movie, from a hard drive file, in Windows XP PRO, media player.
Enabling   View....Full Screen ... ends up with the controls visible top
and bottom......How to I get a real full screen with a widescreen view.>>

I don't think you can. I had the same problem.

Try BSPlayer, a small freebie from http://www.bsplayer.org/. It will give
you true fullscreen, with many more options than MediaPlayer. Don't know
how it looks in widescreen, but their are several playback view options.

It's well-behaved in XP, and knocks the sox of the basic Windows
MediaPlayer for options. You just right-click the screen to change view.

It doesn't look as glitzy as MP, but who cares as long as it does the job
better.

For a further step up, with even more options, try Zoom
Player.  www.inmatrix.com  After looking at several DVD/AVI players, this
one is my first choice. I think it's free for home use.  The big advantage
here is that your mouse-scroll can be set to zoom in or out, or frame
advance, or several other things. It gives true multi-format full-screen,
zoomable on the fly.

I don't know how they go with mpeg's but they should be OK. I've only tried
them both with DVD's and AVI's.

Don Penlington

 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>