Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:47:22 -0500

	I wasn't sure if I could 'clip' the post and still keep the intent clear,
so I apologize for the size, but several ideas come to mind regarding the
problem Chilangisha has with the PC running out of memory.
	I know that setting the swap file minimum and maximum sizes to the same
amount (which varies on physical RAM installed) can improve performance by
taking away the processing cycles needed by Windows to recalculate the size
it needs for the pagefile (if it's set to manage it on it's own), but that
won't help the physical limitation of only 64Mb of RAM installed. After
Windows loads what it needs into memory, it goes to the pagefile to load the
rest, leaving a percentage free for additional programs. What might help in
this case, because Office is a memory hungry application, is a minimum of
background applications loaded along with the OS. Correct me if I'm wrong,
but if the PC is started up with a minimum of drivers and secondary software
loaded into memory, and the problem still exists, then wouldn't an
additional stick of memory help? I don't know if there is a budgetary or
hardware constraint involved in this. I have found on an older Win98SE
machine I have that a 'clean boot', or one that uses minimum drivers helped
in gaming performance, and it might help in this case because it frees up
additional system resources. Here is a link,
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;331796.
	Hope this helps.

Chris Ryan
E-Mail: