Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 00:58:42 -0400
Hello All,

I am running the Mandrake 6.0 release of Linux (a RedHat 6.0 clone...) on
one of my machines.

What I would like to achieve is:

- connect my Linux machine to a proxy server running on a win98 machine, so
that I can have an Internet connection for the Linux machine.

- be able to view the two other machines on the network (running different
combinations of either win98, 2000 or NT4 on them). I would also like to be
able to transfer files between these machines, and the Linux box.

For the internet connection, I have gone through netcfg, linuxconf, and the
KDE control center, and all seems well (i.e. DNS server entries, proxy
server entries, as well as the proxy settings for Netscape). What am I
missing? The error that Netscape gives me is: "Netscape is unable to connect
to your proxy server".

The first two NIC's that I tried did not work in Linux (a D-Link DE-220, and
a RealTek RTL-8029). I tried fixed settings, as well as PnP mode, but no
dice. I dug up a 3com 3C509B which finally works (it gets detected at
startup, and it is listed when you type dmesg).

To get the Linux machine to work with my proxy , do I have to get DOS
connectivity working? If so, I assume that this will also cure my problem of
not seeing the other machines?

I am still relatively new to Linux, so any help is appreciated. Detail fit
for a newbie would also be helpful.

Thank You in advance,

Darren K. Page
Montreal, Qc