Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:58:04 +1000
Lloyd writes:

<<I have windows XP. Received a CD from a relative in Scotland and when I
try to load it I keep getting   avseq01.mpg    mpeg02  and cant download
the pictures on the CD, is there a program that I can get i9n the USA  to
be able to read and download and or print from this CD>>

It is not clear from your letter, but it sounds as if they are .mpg movie
files encoded in the .mpg2 format.

If that is correct, Windows Mediaplayer which is included with XP will play
them. You should find it by default in C\Program files\Windows Media
Player. The name of the file is Mplayer2.exe.  Don't confuse it with
Mplay32.exe which is in the Windows\System folder.

Otherwise, hold down shift when you insert the CD to stop it autorunning.
Then rightclick on your CD icon in My Computer, select Open, and you will
be able to see the contents of the CD.  See what file extension they have.

Once you see exactly what type of files they are, you will be able to
decide which program you will need to open them. If they are indeed movie
files in the .mpg format, that won't tell you which version of .mpg they
are. The are commonly 3 varieties of .mpg---they are 1,2, and 4. (I don't
know what happened to .mpg3). Mediaplayer should play at least .mpg2,  I
don't know about .mpg4.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml