Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:25:59 -0500
Thank you Christy for the info that wmencagt.exe is not
a 98SE file and for your excellent advice to re-install.
I did re-install this enormous package from MS which
should get rid of the Search splash screen when booting
up. As it turns out, the name of the wmencagt.exe file
is based on it being a file for MS's
_W_indows_M_edia_Enc_oder.

Michael Eisenstadt

Christy wrote:

> Good evening Michael
>
> This file "wmencagt.exe" is not a win98se standard file (I don't
> have one!)  So reinstalling windows itself I don't think will
> replace it.
>
> Is it possible on start up win.ini/system.ini startup menu or
> registry etc might be looking for it ?  have you looked and tried
> removing it from there ?  Be careful within the registry!  Back
> it up First before making any changes/deletions.
>
> What about reinstalling the application that took it,  copying it
> to another location and then reuninstall ?
>
> I know that doesn't really answer your question(s)  but it may
> give you some alternatives
>
> Christy White

> On 8/2/01 at 4:53 PM Michael Eisenstadt wrote:
>
> >I introduced a problem by downloading MS's WindowsMedia
> >for streaming servers and then deleting it because
> >it took up so much space -- the download alone is 25mb.
> >
> >To delete it I was forced to delete wmencagt.exe and
> >c:\windows\applog\wmencagt.lgc files -- I now think I should
> >have moved them or renamed them.
> >
> >The problem is that now a Search splash screen appears
> >when booting. Is wmencagt.exe in my Win 98SE install CD,
> >perhaps hiding in a .cab file? Or would I need to
> >reinstall 98SE to retrieve this executable? Or should
> >I just resign myself to exiting the Search splash
> >screen for ever more?
> >
> >I do realize that this is not mission critical but if
> >anyone can help me fix this I would be very appreciative.
> >
> >Michael Eisenstadt
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:
>                           http://freepctech.com

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>