Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:05:35 -0400
My nephew Raymond's computer is loaded down with viruses, to the point
where his computer was disabled.  He has not kept his Spybot S & D nor
his Spyware Blaster up-to-date, but did keep his AVG Free 8.5 updated,
each time he went online.   I succeeded in pulling some of the viruses'
fangs in his registry editor, and was then able to do some research online.

In doing that research, I ran across something called STOPzilla.  I
downloaded it (took about four hours on his dial-up connection!),
scanned with it, and it came up with 105 infections.  When I asked it to
clean them out, the software took me back to the STOPzilla Web site,
where I might have gotten a "lifetime" subscription for $39.95, or a
year for $9.95.  It assured me that my credit card information was
"safe," and also informed me that, if I were in doubt, I could call a
1-800 number to get the key.

After that, I took STOPzilla out of his computer, and did a little more
snooping online; that turned up about 60/40 bad to good.  So, opinions
please?  Is STOPzilla worthwhile?   Or is there some kind of freeware
"out there" that will do a better job of taking the rest of those
infections out?  I am due to go back up to my sister's house tomorrow or
Wednesday.

Raymond's computer is much like my own:  eMachines, running XP Pro SP 2,
with Mozilla Firefox as his (out-of-date) browser (for some reason, two
tries at downloading updates came up with corrupted files), and Mozilla
Thunderbird.  One of those viruses has hijacked his Contacts and sent me
two infected messages, which are safely stored in my mailbox at the
server.  TIA for any help!

Joyce in SE Ohio

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml