Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:51:19 -0400
I use Windows XPPro, Eudora v4.3, and AVG6 Free edition.

Today I received an email from an unknown source. It has what seems to be a
virus attachment named "valentin.exe.exe".
The suspect "valentin.exe.exe" is in my Eudora\attachments folder. I have
not "run" the suspect file and believe my computer is not infected with a
virus. I have run my (updated) AVG, it says no virus is present. I am, of
course, reluctant to execute the suspect file just so AVG can detect,
identify, and then hopefully fix it.

A similar situation has occurred twice before and I have deleted the
suspect file without it being identified by AVG.

Should AVG (or any other AV program) find the unopened virus in an
attachment, or does the virus file/attachment have to be executed before it
can be detected? In that case it seems that the computer would already
infected.

Thanks, Bob Lendrim