Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 06:45:31 -0600
At 03:56 PM 6/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>One of my users is trying to create a Word97 MailMerge (form letter)
>using an Access97 database as the data source.  When she tries to query
>the database, to restrict the final document, she gets an error message
>that says that the recordset is empty.  I have checked the database, and
>found that the data does exist.  I have also tried to query the database
>from MailMerge's query, and gotten the same error as my user. The
>problem seems to be a communications problem between Word and Access,
>but I can't seem to figure it out.   Has anyone had a similar
>experience?  If so, do you find a fix?  Any help would be appreciated.

Does the mailmerge work if there are no query options set in the Word
mailmerge options?  If not, then the connection to the database may not be
defined correctly.  How is the connection to the database defined in the
Tools ... Mailmerge option?  Are you using a query that is in the database
or are you using a table directly?  If you create a query in Access using
the same criteria that the user is trying to use in Word, does it work?
Try using a simpler or different query in Word and see if it works.  This
will check if the communication between Access and Word is working.

If she is using AND and OR in the query, make sure the logic is correct.
Also on this point, there is a bug in Word 95 that causes the use of mixed
AND and OR to fail.  Precedence does not work and mixed AND and OR are
evaluated from left to right order with equal precedence.  I don't know if
this has been corrected in Word 97, but I can check if this might be the
problem.

Are the query options using text or numeric comparisons?  I don't think you
are supposed to use quotes around text when entering it in the query
options.  You can also run into problems of using two-digit or four-digit
years if you are using dates in the query options.

If all this fails, please post or email me an exact description of the
query, including all punctuation, she is trying to use and I'll check for
any obvious problems.