Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:25:46 -0400
Here we go again... ANOTHER product that was released before it's ready.

Based on my experiences, MS has a **LOT** of work to do before this whole
radio thing is ready for release.  There are at least 3 major problems.

The first problem I found is that you can not "preview" a station, it
automatically gets added to your station list BEFORE you hear it.and once
it's there, you can't get rid of it without a lot of hassle.  <mumble>
<grumble>......

The second problem I ran into is that you only get six stations (hacking the
registry to increase the count won't work) and when you add (or "preview")
a seventh station, it becomes #1 and you lose #6.  To get back the #6
station, you must go back to MS's web site (which you MUST use to create the
station list) and click through several web pages to get to the page with
the link so that you can add that one particular station to your list.  But
now, your old #6 becomes the new #1 and the station you didn't want becomes
the new #2 and so on, and finally your original #5 which became #6 drops off
the bottom of the list and ......... do you see where this is going?

The only other solution, as Jim McKnew pointed out, is to hack the registry
If you want to take that route, I suggest you create a text file with all
the settings for your six favorite stations so that you can cut and paste
ALL the data back into each MRU... one at a time.

Problem #3......the MS STATION GUIDE web site has categories which don't
work right.  When I tried to setup some stations, I selected the TOP 40
FORMAT list
and.........
The first station I picked was playing Wayne Newton.
The next station I tried was rap music.
The  third was playing Blues? R&B?
And my fourth try resulted in somebody singing Cae Sera Sera.

Eventually, I did find some top 40 stations.

All in all, an extremely UNsatisfying experience.  To say the least.

I sent mail to the address listed on the web site, and -of course-
got back the typical response of
        "Thank you for writing us.  We've been overwhelmed by
         the response to........we  may not be able to write an
         individual reply to you....."
And we all know what that means.....

sigh,
Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====