Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:23:43 -0600
Tom writes:

<<This new machine is a Celeron 900 w/256megs & ME.
I have installed my old favorite Eudora Lite v3.06 and
it works fine, most of the time.  If I open it after using
the machine for a little while, the splash screen freezes>>

My guess is that old and new don't always mix well.  Maybe you should
update Eudora  to a later version written for Win ME.

I also have the impression (correct me someone if I'm wrong) that the order
in which software  is installed on any new machine can be important.  If
one prog grabs resources (eg memory addresses?) needed by another
subsequent prog, this can lead to a logjam.  Or does this only apply to
hardware?  Although Windows is pretty good at sorting these things out, I
doubt that it's always infallible.

Try uninstalling both your browser (if possible) and Eudora and then
reinstalling them in reverse order to the way they were first installed.
Just a hunch, but might help.

It doesn't sound like a registry problem.

Narrow down the possibilities by watching carefully which other progs you
have open when you launch Eudora, eg try opening it before your browser or
word processor or whatever has been opened, see if this makes any difference.

A lot of logical trial and error will often solve these problems.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>