Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:18:06 -0800
Hi Orf,

Your approach is a simple way to handle it, but it misses the benefit of a
relational database. For example, how many children do we provide for?
Should it be 2, 3, 4? What if someone has eight children? Also, it seems
wasteful to make room for a spouse and children when the person is single.
This is the principle behind a relational database - no waste, but the
design is more complex!

The other problem with the single table approach is that it is very
difficult to create other lists, such as members of a committee. If you have
a table of names, all you need is another table that contains the ID entries
for all members of a committee. If there is another committee, just create
another table with the members' ID entries.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml