Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:23:31 -0700
The only Protocol is TCP/IP which is the only one you will use to connect
to the Internet with.
I also show Client for MS Networks , and Printer and File sharing. Nothing
else.

I have a fixed IP address with COX ... it is in my contract and it never
changes.
My router is connecting directly to COX using my COX fixed IP address..
Subnet mask...the COX gateway.....and the two COX DNS search order IP
addresses.

If you have a stand alone PC with a single NIC that your cable modem is
plugged into then you should be using the COX numbers and not a private LAN
address.

  On my Win2K PC NICS I used fixed IP addresses on my LAN.
Under TCP/IP properties I use a standard private fixed

IP address of 192.168.0.2
and a Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

My gateway is my router which is another private address of 192.168.0.1

and then the COX@home DNS numbers.

That's it.

If it still doesn't work make sure your NIC is installed and functioning
correctly in Win 2K.
Go to the manufactures web site and get the latest Win2K drivers and
install them. If that doesn't help try another NIC. I once used a 3COM NIC
that refused to work in NT4 with [log in to unmask] If you call tech support again
don't tell them you have a dual boot PC.

This thread started out as a dual boot question and has now turned into a
networking discussion which is off topic for PCSOFT.
PCSOFT is about software, and some basic operating system questions.
PCBUILD is about hardware, drivers and networking.
If you wish to continue this thread take it to PCBUILD. Any other replies
to this thread should now be posted in PCBUILD.

Mark Rode
Moderator  PCBUILD / PCSOFT

>Just to make sure I am not missing anything, what protocols show up in the
>properties of your lan connection under 2000?
>
>Jerry

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com