Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rosalind Walters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:24:48 +1100
Olive,

Are you able to run other programs apart from regedit? Is this your home
computer or work computer?
Unless there is a virus or trojan at work, this message usually appears on
a computer when System policy editor has been used (by a network
administrator?) to prevent the use of the registry editor. If it is a work
computer you should contact your IT support staff. If it is your home
computer, try running poledit.exe (usually found in c:\windows) and see if
you can de-select the option that prevents the use of the registry
editor.  (Possibly in Local user > Windows98 system > Restrictions).

If you suspect you may still be infected by a virus, try an on-line
virus-checker, eg.:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://www.commandondemand.com/cod/index-ns.cfm
http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/AntiVirusCntr.asp
http://www.avx.com/

Good luck,
Rosalind Walters

On 15/02/01Olive wrote:
>A few weeks ago I was hit with 3 different viruses. My anti-virus program
>caught them all: first it was the kakworm, then the W32.HLLW.Bymer, then
>just recently the W95.Hybris.Gen.dr virus. As far as I know, I removed
>them from my system, however, one of the steps necessary to check to see
>if they were totally removed is to edit the registry. I have tried various
>ways to access my registry but when I go to RUN, regedit, I get this
>message: "Registry editing has been disabled by the administrator". My OS
>is Win98se, which I just upgraded from Win98. I've got the latest
>NortonSystemWorks 2001 and all virus definitions are current & up to date.
>When I do a complete scan, nothing is found but I am wondering if maybe
>there is something still in my system that won't let me access my
>registry. Can someone help me with this? Got any ideas? I even went to a
>website called Expertcity and paid someone to walk me thru the various
>steps that should have resolved this issue but I'm still ha!
>ving this problem. Thanx to anyone who can help with this!
>Olive Morest

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml