Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:26:33 -0500
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Ad-Aware personal (free) can't update
From: christopher Charles <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: 13-Feb-2008 1:06:53 AM

Quote:
I believe that as much as 90% of spyware live in the cookies and
temporary Interent files.  Therefore, in addition to installing adaware
SE 2007, spybot 1.5 and spyware blaster 3.5.1, I configure Ilsystem
wiper to delete temp files, cookies and history files everytime the user
logs off, shuts down or restarts the PC.
End of Quote
I believe that the danger of cookies and history files is overstated.
Not only that,but for everyday use,the all or nothing approach
is very cumbersome and not very helpful.
Deleting all cookies at log-off,shutdown or restart makes log-in
to password required sites unnecessarily slow.
It will require entering username and password for every forum,internet
banking,utility accounts and ISP login,just to name a few.
For other sites like software/freeware sites,the cookies are helpful
to get back to the setup or listings you like to explore.
IOW the results of deleting all cookies is a total PITA.

Peter E.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml