Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Andy Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:58:14 -0000
Linda McCoy wants to convert names and id #s to user logons and passwords.

Mike Hayes suggested:

>  Most D/Bs support  a function that reads a field and manipulates the
output. e.g. left(Linda,1,1) >  would result in "L", then by adding that
result to another result a log on ID could be created.  Also >  the D/B has
a global update to perform this function on ALL records.

Since the data is already in an Excel spreadsheet you could use Excel's text
manipulation functions in exactly that way.

I'd do it like this -
add a couple of columns;
put the appropriate formulas in the first row;
copy the formulas all the way down to the last row;
change the results of the formulas to 'hard' text.

Linda - if you're still having difficulty, mail me privately and I'll see
what I can do.

Andy
Andy Lee, Tutbury, Staffordshire, England

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html