Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:48:14 -0600
At 09:47 AM 8/3/99 , Mike Yates wrote:
>Hi All,
>    I've got a problem with getting dos 6.0 installed properly on my windows machine.
> When I try to install from A my machine simply bypasses A on the reboot. Bios should
> hold my bootup sequence but I can't find it.
>    I've copied the dos discs into a dos directory in hopes of getting it to work this
> way, but no luck. I wouldn't go to all of this trouble, but I have to get dos operating
> properly so that I can use a dos-only mapping program. Specifically, I need to get
> enough memory available to use it.
>    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Advice is welcome too. Thanx.

This is a little vague, but I think I understand your issue.

You want to use DOS on an existing Windows95 or 98 machine... is
this correct?

If so, you already have DOS loaded on the computer, MS Dos v7.   I believe
your issue is that you need more memory to run a DOS application.  You
can do this now, without loading MS Dos v6.   In Windows, click
on START/RUN and type:  SYSEDIT [press enter]

Add this to the Config.sys windows:

device=C:\windows\himem.sys
device=C:\windows\emm386.exe ram

Now, reboot your computer and press F8 when the message appears
on the screen, "Loading Windows95..." or "Loading Windows98..."
You will receive a menu and choose:  "Command Prompt"
It will give you Dos with memory drivers loaded, without Windows.
You can run your Dos application from a command line.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: