Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:18:41 -0700
Jack, if your wife's notebook is like mine, it must have one of those
touchpads on it.  Unfortunately, sometimes they're very sensitive to
fingers and thumbs being close to them.  It varies from person to person
and seems to be related to how much moisture is on your fingertips.  I'm
not aware of any way to reduce the sensitivity...it's a hardware
problem, really.  What's happening is that if a finger or thumb gets too
close to the touchpad, the touchpad reads it as a "touch" and positions
the cursor there.  It may read simultaneous "close calls" as a double
click and launch an application.

The best advice I have is to look at the mouse settings and see if there
is an option to adjust the sensitivity (I don't think there is) and to
disable the double click feature of the pad itself, instead relying on
the buttons for double clicking.

For what it's worth, my dad has a very similar system and because his
skin is very dry (his fingertips actually crack from being too dry) he
doesn't have that problem.

Good luck!

Drew Dunn
The NOSPIN Group

>Wife has a Compaq Presario laptop with Win98 OS.
>
>The mouse when hovering will automatically launch a command.  When typing, the cursor will automatically jump to wherever the mouse was last positioned.
>
>Have looked all over and can not find out where to disable this feature.  Any help would be appreciated.  Wife wants me to SHOOT the dang thing.  Need to fix this for her before she takes matters in her own hands.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml