Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:26:25 -0700
Jim and Others,

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I guess I was hoping
someone would easily recognize the problem. :-(

I am using Add/Remove Programs from the control panel
and selecting Microsoft Office Professional and Publisher
97. When the installation program runs, I request to add
graphic filters for each program. I select TIF (one of the
many strange things is that TIF is already selected, so
first I uninstall, then re-boot, then re-install. In either
case, TIF is always checked off as installed when I run
the install/uninstall routine).

Then I run Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft
Publisher and select Insert Picture File. A file selection
dialog box appears with a selection of files. Files of Type
drop down selection box DOES NOT have a selection for
TIF. In Word, you can select to view all files. If I do this
and then select a TIF file, an Convert File dialog box
appears asking how the file is to be treated and presents
of list of graphic formats, but NOT TIF!

I have done this procedure countless times in the past
and know it used to work. I have 33 MB of office supply
clip art I have used for years and never had a problem.
Now it is all "invisible" to Microsoft products.

I use Corel Draw and Photo-Paint and do not have any
problems loading the files. This seems to be a problem
associated just with the Microsoft products that use the
graphics filters provided by Microsoft.

I am thinking of erasing all the filters and trying to re-
install that way. Any suggestions or comments on this
approach or any other approach? I am stuck as to why
this feature has suddenly stopped working.

Thanks for any input.

Jim

<snip>
> > The installation
> > program says they are installed, but the option to insert a
> > TIF file does not appear in the dialog box.
<snip>

> Jim,
>
> What option ..... in which dialog box?
>
> The INSERT menu has several different choices, please be more specific as
> to what you are doing

Jim Maki

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html