Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:47:52 EST
>     A few weeks ago, defrag completely screwed up my hard disk.  I had to
run
>  scandisk to repair it enough even to boot the computer.  In the process,
> scan
>  disk created 63 new directories that contained all my old files, but in a
>  tremendous hodgepodge.  Programs would not run, but fortunately I was able
>  retrieve my data before I reformatted and reinstalled Win 98.  What a
>  hassle!!!
>      Now I'm scared even to run defrag.  But I guess I should risk it.

With the millions of Windows users who regularly defrag their HD, it is very
unlikly that the utility was the cause of your problem. More likely a
hardware or configuration change, a dying hard disk, controller, etc. would
cause this type of situation. Maybe some others can jump in here with
opinions, but I would not want readers to think routinly using defrag has
"any" chance of creating a problem.
Mike Hayes

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html