Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:37:59 -0700
I did a quick check on the home page for Wizard Works, the
people who produced this game:  http://www.wizworks.com

They have a FAQ for solving problems with this game:
    http://www.wizworks.com/wiztech/deerhunter.html

They recommend turning off your graphics accelerator to
solve these issues:
Make sure that you have closed down all other applications
prior to installing or running Deer Hunter. Other applications
may conflict with the game, or use up valuable resources needed
to run the game properly.

If you are using Windows 98 and your computer has a 266mhz
or faster processor, try turning down your graphics acceleration
like this:

      1.Click on "Start"
      2.Click on "Settings"
      3.Click on "Control Panel"
      4.Open the "System" panel
      5.Click on the "Performance" tab.
      6.Adjust the graphics acceleration to "none" or a notch above "none"
      7.Click on "OK".

They also have a patch file for your game:
  ftp://ftp.wizworks.com/pcpatch/DeerHunt.exe

They also recommend installing DirectX 5 on the system.  Since Microsoft
is offering DirectX6 for download now, I am sure it will work just fine.  You
can download it at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/directx/download.asp

I hope this helps...

   Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

At 12:04 PM 1/30/99 , Harold E. Schumacher, Jr. wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>        I helped a lady install a new MB and processor.  Previously, she
>had a Pentium 100 and it was too slow for her and her son, thus the
>upgrade.  The youngster could fire up the Deer Hunter on the P-100
>and it would barely run.  This was not the reason for the upgrade,
>but the youngster was certainly going to benefit from it.
>        We put in an EFA Viking 3 board with an AMD K6 333 processor, 32 MB
>of PC100 memory, a new Samsung 3.2GB HD and a clean install of Win
>95 and it is the original 95 (no patches, no OSR2 stuff).  She had
>lots of software to re-install but chose to install the Deer Hunter
>first.  The installation went OK and after re-boot, started the
>game.  It got past the first screen and then locked up the computer
>big-time!  No clicks of the mouse, no exiting the program, no
>nothing!
>        This kinda threw me for a loop; I couldn't explain it.  It would
>run (barely) on a P-100 but wouldn't do anything on an AMD 333.
>Then I thought about a patch that I had read about for Win95 and AMD
>processors, but it turns out the patch is for 350's and above.  I
>could be wrong about this, but that's what I thought I read.

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: