Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:35:31 -0500
http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/efw  explains that you can just change the "efw" extension to "zip" to open it.

For the future, try contacting Ad-Aware (Lavasoft) via email/website.  That is probably your best source of info.  This is the last contact info that I have for them.

Nils Wirell
Director, Worldwide Sales
Lavasoft AB
Lilla Bommen 1
411 04 Gothenburg
Tel: +46 (0)31 15 69 80
Fax: +46 (0)31 15 69 10
Cell: +46-733-18 45 73

And (for their newsletter and general support)
Just look for the Newsletter section.

This is precisely why I purchased a retail copy of XP with SP2 ten months ago so I would have it in hand before it was no longer available.  If you can find a copy (I got mine from RoyalDiscount) of a RETAIL version (retail version so you can install it on any and all future PCs without the problems you may encounter with "upgrades" or OEM versions) it would probably be a good investment.  I knew I never wanted Vista a year ago, after researching Vista and finding that it's primary purpose was one more step toward putting control of your PC and everything on it in the hands of Microsoft and other vendors, who will eventually be able to remotely disable software and delete files from your PC without your knowlege.  One of the steps toward that goal is "vista-ready" software that will not operate at all unless you give it unfettered access to it's vendor(s) via the internet (so they have access to your PC whenever you use the software).  I've been posting this info for over a year so folks know what they are getting into.  I doubt that XP retail is still available (I didn't try eBay or Amazon).  When I tried to Google it, it gave me sites, but I could not actually find a copy of "Windows XP Home SP2 Retail Version" (MUST HAVE UNUSED ACTIVATION CODE) - they all tried to substitute Vista or an "upgrade" or OEM version, which are useless if you change machines, and useless if  you already have Vista installed.  As I understand it , Microsoft has partnered with Intel to incorporate a "Fritz chip" (named after S.C.'s  Senator Fritz Hollings who dreamed up this nasty scheme) into "Vista-ready" motherboards that prevents you from using a different OS and slaps right back in anything you disable that Microsoft wants running (this was planned, but I don't know for sure if it has been implemented yet).  HP is also in the Vista (Palladium renamed) "consortium" (ne:conspiracy) so I don't use any HP or Intel products now, either (now I use AMD and Epson).

AnnaSummers

----- Original Message -----
From: Venkat Viswanathan
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:31 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Vista and .efwþ

 Last month I had a major computer crash and I had to go out and buy a new desktop with Vista.I am now trying to rebuild all my software. I tried downloading Ad-Aware but the file extension lists it as .efw and Vista doesn't recognize this and I have never seen this extension. Can anyone help me with this? I'm really not happy with this Vista stuff.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>