Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:50:51 -0700
Hi Mark,

Interesting that you had problems with VB 6. I used Visual Studio 6 under XP
with no problems. Have not tired it under my new installation - I installed
VS.NET 2003 instead.

Regarding Calendar Creator, it is an application designed to run under
Win9x, ME, and NT, but not XP. It is strange that an ap designed for NT will
not run on XP, but that is the case here. I did try using the compatibility
mode - Win95, Win98, ME, and NT, but the results were the same with any of
them. Also tried to run with 256 colors and turning off other features. None
of this made a difference.

I also have VMWare and did install CC 6 in an ME VM. The only problem with
doing that is that my network printer does not work correctly with the VM.
That is a separate issue that I might address later. For now, I "solved" the
problem by purchasing version 9 of Calendar Creator for only $4.23 including
tax and shipping from Surplus Computers that Cuffy10 of this list pointed me
to.

I am not sure that the security patch theory is the answer. The program did
not run in an older install of XP under my VMWare. I will do some more
poking just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Peter