Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:31:41 -0700
Hi Bruce,

You certainly have nice mishmash of startup entries.
To resolve and research every single item would take me hours to do.
It's not that I mind, but,
You can help yourself by running a simple Start-up checker like
Startup CPL  http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
or a more extensive one like Anvir TaskManager
http://www.anvir.com/taskmanager/  and
http://www.anvir.com/task-manager-windows-startup.htm
There is a free version on the download page
http://www.anvir.com/download.htm
For a free tool this is one excellent application -take the time to
explore it.
It gives you most info about files,allows you to search via the r-click
menu ,as well as upload to VirusTotal,
 although you could also do this independently of the program.
Just go to http://www.virustotal.com/  and upload the file.

Now your list of running processes.
There are several that don't need to running. However you decide if you
need them.
I'm just listing a few:
ctfmon.exe , hkcmd.exe,PDVDServ.exe,QTTask.exe,

I noticed a few take more than their share of memory:
Windows Update wuauclt.exe @ 86 plus MB and 2 instances of ccSvcHst.exe,
for a total of more than 83 MB. Not surprising since you're using
Symantec Norton,
which is known for being a hog.

As to the startups:
To answer your question: Labrador seems to be a code name for the
Symantec
Norton Report Assistant  > SymNRA.exe ,which is a debugging tool and
reporter.
Not sure why you are running it.

* The other one I would flag is the last one on your list MCUpdate.exe
It seems you also have McAfee installed. Not sure of all its components,
but usually not recommended if running another AV.
However this one seems to indicate a Backup -The location is not fully
visible because of
DOS name. Investigate this one.

Do another scan of the Registry as I recommended in my previous post,
with the search query "My Backup"  -
 in RegSeeker and in the "Find In Registry" section.
Please post another screenshot, unless it's becoming clear who the
culprit is.

The last one is startup of MSConfig - there is no need to be running
this on startup and certainly not on automatic.
You must have used it some time or other and not ticked the box:
Quote: " All you need do is tell Windows that you're finished with the
experiments. Simply check Don't show this message or launch the SCU when
windows starts and click OK. It won't happen, again."

Hope this sheds some light on it.

Peter E.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode