Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:55:00 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Michael Wosnick
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 1999 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Strange Problems with MS Word Installation

I have a small flatbed scanner and the software that scans images etc is
called Ezphoto.exe. In my Ezphoto directory there is a file called
Ezphoto.dot. I do not know the normal function of this file, but suspect it
is NOT a Word template (although maybe it is, I cannot tell, and the
documentation makes no reference to it). In any case, when Word 2000
installed, it somehow picked up on this Ezphoto.dot file and seems to now
feel that it must launch it every time Word starts.

If I leave the ezphoto.dot file alone in the non-word (ezphoto) directory,
EVERY single time Word starts it adds a new little button into my Word
toolbar called "EZP" which, when you click it, launches the ezphoto program
(don't want that!). Curiously, if I shut Word down, then relaunch Word, a
second EZP button appears right next to the first. This keeps happening ad
infinitum...

If I delete or move the ezphoto.dot file, when Word starts up it gives me an
error dialogue telling me that it cannot find the template
\ezphoto\ezphoto.dot! If I click OK, the error dialogue goes away, and Word
appears to start normally (but I don't really know if all is normal or not).

Hi,
        Actually, it is quite possible that this is exactly what ezphoto.dot is
suppose to do.  I have Adobe Photodeluxe, and it does something similar with
the PDF writer.  The idea was probably to create a button in Word so that
you can easily scan a file or picture into your Word document.  If you don't
want the button, try this.  Delete ezphoto.dot.  Delete normal.dot.  Restart
Word.  It sounds like the ezphoto.dot added a line to your normal.dot to
launch ezphoto.dot on startup.  Deleting both of these files should fix your
problem.

Donald Gaither

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>