Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:58:36 +0300
From: "Frederick M. Navarro" <[log in to unmask]>

> Hello everyone here, I would like to ask a few questions, we have a
> retailing system which we used EPSON printers originally, but we tried
> another printer, and it is connected via RS232.  The retailing machine runs
> under Win98 SE with 128 MB RAM.  The problem I have is with its printing
> speed, and I've asked the supplier of the RS232-printer and they said that
> connections via RS232 are always faster than the LPT connection.  I've read
> their manual but the most I could manipulate is the baud rate by using the
> MODE command.  Has anybody experienced this problem?  Any steps how to
> speed up the printing speed via RS232? Thanks a lot.
>

> Fred

Sorry, intended to answer but forget.  RS232 is never been faster than LPT
but for dot matrix (pin) printers even standard speed 9600bps it is usually
fast enough
as I think you not use Epson DFX-8500 ( speed - 1120 cps one page in 4s).

You can't and don't need set RS-232 speed with MODE command.  To set
communication speed and other parameters open device manger
Either Control Panel -> System  or right click on My computer and select
properties
and then select device manager tab. Find Ports in tree - > Communications
port.
Under Port settings tab you find all parameters what you need.

Also check printer settings from manual. Usually they where number of dip
switches.

Toomas

                       http://freepctech.com/rode