Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:24:41 -0500
You have a couple of options to remove the offending program from Win.ini
without actually editing the Win.ini.

The easiest is if you have Win 98 is to got to Start - Run and type in
"msconfig", without quotes.  Then select the Startup Tab to see if the
CDSETUP.EXE program is listed. If it is just "un-check" the box and "OK"
out of the program.  If it is not listed in Startup, Choose the Win.ini tab
and click the "+" in front of [windows].  That will expand the tree and you
should see the CDSETUP.EXE in either the "RUN", or "LOAD" lines.  Just
"un-check" the line and "OK" back out.

If you are running Win95, you can get the msconfig.exe program from:

http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files006.shtml

Another option is to get one of the Shareware/Freeware programs which
allows you to remove startup programs.  A couple that I use are Startup Cop
and Smart Start.  Either will allow you to disable a program from being
tried to start at boot.

Good luck,

Doug

At 1/20/01 05:45 PM, Dick Fischbach wrote:

>Recently, after repeated failures to install software for a Microtek
>scanner, my computer at start up began displaying the following
>messages:
>
>"Cannot find the file 'CDSETUP.EXE' (or one of its components).  Make
>sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries
>are available."  The 2nd message reads "Could not load or run
>'CDSETUP.EXE' specified in the WIN.INI file.  Make sure the file exists
>on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file."
>
>I obtained a CDSETUP.EXE file from an internet site but haven't the
>slightest idea what the path should be.
>
>Secondly, it'll be a cold day in hades before I remove anything from the
>WIN.INI file.
>
>What are my options?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml