Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:35:46 +1000
Emie writes:

<<As you mentioned above "only when on internet,"  do you
then disable these programs manually every time, when you decide to work
from your local programs (C drive) only like maybe using MS Word?  Or does
XP have an option to go either way automatically?  >>

I have a batch file which runs these when I connect. I'm not aware of
anything that will automatically disengage them, though I suppose it would
be possible to make another batch file to do so. Does anyone know what the
command is to close an application (ie the opposite of "start" in the batch
file).

I either close them manually, or, more often than not, if I'm going to do
something say graphics-intensive, I prefer to reboot with Shift held
down---Yes, this old device still works in XP to prevent startups from running.

With my new computer and XP, it's only a few seconds to reboot.

Actually, I find that for everyday working, most of the time I forget I'm
in XP---there's very little obvious difference from W95/98. The main
differences are under the skin (and things not being where they "ought" to be!)

Don Penlington

 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml