Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Robert Elmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:06:35 -0500
Greetings,

I've got a friends computer that stopped booting.  It boots to the desktop showing the wallpaper then stops short of the icons popping on the screen. The hourglass stops responding and sits on the screen. Trying to boot to the SAFE MODE, I get the same results. The wallpaper pops up and the SAFEMODE words are in each corner but no icons, no start button only a stalled hourglass.

What I have done so far is booting using system disk and going into the C:. I did a scandisk then I did the SCANREG/RESTORE to the earliest registry entry with no luck. I've tried the ScanReg/fix also with no luck.

I thought that maybe if I reinstalled Windows ME that it might fix the problem. The only thing is that I do not have a full install of Windows ME and only the OEM disk that will make a fresh insta
ll of the hard drive.

I cannot get it to finish booting up and would like to try and fix it without doing a fresh install or formatting. Any suggestions?

The computer is a Compaq Presario 5000 running Windows ME. I don't have much more info at this time on the inners of this computer but if anyone feels they need it, I will obtain it from my friend when he gets home.

Thank you

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com