Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:52:06 -0400
Original Message --
From: J Ottie
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Remove old program

Original Message --
From: 'Cliff Sees' [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:22 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Remove old program

< SNIP >

Since you mentioned that you needed but didn't have access to the Quicken software's serial registration number (you could probably find it in the registry if you searched, but once again I don't recommend going that route unless you feel totally at ease poking around in the hives...)

< SNIP >

   $$$

Hi again Cliff,

It just occured to me that you may be able to retrieve the installed Quicken software's serial/registration key using Belarc Advisor available here: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and not have to manually search the registry in hopes of finding it. Now having this information may or may not be helpful to you at this point  in time, but I think you'll find having an up-to-date copy of Belarc Advisor installed on your machine is good not just for today, but in the future as well. The price is right too, as it's free for personal use.

Relatedly, an extremely handy system analysis & benchmarking tool to have in your PC's toolbox is EVEREST from Lavalys Consulting Group. An older but still quite useful free Home Edition of EVEREST is available for download at FileHippo.com: http://www.filehippo.com/download_everest_home/, while the latest version of EVEREST Ultimate Edition is available here as a 30-day Trialware package: http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=3&ps=UE&lang=en.

I use both these tools along with several other utilities and hardware/software tweaking packages when I'm evaluating OEM platforms running Windows to determine their stability, upgrade potential and useful service life. Currently I'm putting a new Dell OptiPlex 320 with an Intel C2D E4400 processor running under Windows XP through the wringer.

That's it for now. I remain,

Very truly yours,
Jeffrey Ottie

eom