Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:19:18 -0800
On  3 Dec 98 at 4:08, Alex Polenov wrote:

> BTW mans!

> I've read that AOL buy Netscape. Is this mean that all AOL users
> will use Netscape now?

  No.  Mercedes just bought Chrysler, but my uncle's Plymouth is not
suddenly a Mercedes.

> And then I've read that Bill Gates and USE government against this
> contract.

  Microsoft may be claiming that this sale demonstrates that their
efforts to eliminate competition have not been completely successful,
and are therefore legal.

> Can you clear me what's going on in you world?!

  Well, I'll try to answer your specific questions....

> I've think before that AOL is controlled by government

  No, this has never been true.  AOL is a corporation, without
affiliation to a government.

> and that government claim Microsoft for unselling program to users

  No, the government -- based on complaints from Netscape, Sun, and
other companies -- is prosecuting Microsoft for using its
near-monopoly in PC operating systems to eliminate competition in
other markets.

> (by the way someone ask government for another $5 billions for 2000
> problem solution. I think it was Microsoft).

  Separate issue; not a news report I've seen.

David G

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com