Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 15:07:35 -0800
Tressie,

The "Open with..." box appears whenever you try to open a file which does not have a program
associated with it. It is a simple matter to fix, but it would be more helpful if you let us know
what the file name and extension is. To help you better understand the problem, I'll give you an
example and a short explanation.

When a program is installed - "Office 97, for example", it registers (in the registry) what file
types it can open. That way, when you double-click a file with a ".doc" extension, the registry
knows to open "MS Word" to access that file. Most files already have an associated program to open
them with, and consequently, the "Open with..." box does not appear.

Since you down-loaded a "utility", it is likely that you simply don't have the needed program
installed to open the file with - (probably Winzip).

There is another case in which a user creates a file with its own unique extension, but that's
another issue, and is unlikely related to your problem. Let us know the full file name, including
the 3-letter extension, and we should be able to help you further. There are no stupid questions -
only stupid answers!

Alan Thompson

----- Original Message -----
From: Tressie Mittenburg
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Open With box

I have a Compaq 5724 with a  GenuineIntel, Intel (r) Celeron(tm) Processor,
95.0MB RAM. I downloaded a utility to my desktop and when I clicked on it I
got an Open With box. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do then. Could
someone explain this box and what I'm suppose d to do next. Thanks! Hope
this isn't a stupid question. I use Windows 98SE and Internet Explorer
browser.

Tressie Mittenburg

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>