Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:55:48 +1000
chuck wrote:
>I AM CURRENTLY USING NORTON FOR VIRUS PROTECTION AND IT IS  ABOUT TO EXPIRE
>THIS MONTH - I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO RENEW NORTON AT THIS TIME AND  SUBSTITUTE
>AVG FREE..
>
>I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AVG IN IT'S PLACE.
>
>QUEST:
>1. CAN I HAVE BOTH ON MY HD AT SAME TIME
>2. IS THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH DELETING NORTON
>      THAT WOULD EFFECT  MY  SYSTEM
>3. CAN I DEACTIVATE NORTON AND NOT DELETE IT IF IT WILL  POSE
>PROBLEMS>>

No problem having both on the HD--as long as you don't have both active at
the same time.

It would be best to get rid of as much of Nortons as you can before
installing AVG----disconnect your phone line while you do that, as you will
be without protection while you do that.

You may have some difficulty removing Nortons completely. Make sure it's
disabled from all startup locations. I understand you have to go to the
Symantec site and download a special removal tool to get rid of it completely.

You can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs, which may suffice to disable
it, but that won't rid the system of it completely---there will be many
registry entries left behind, though they should not do any harm other than
clutter up the registry unnecessarily.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml