Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:56:54 +0200
Hi

Well if you looking to learn HTML, then the worst editors to buy are the
WYSIWYG ones (ie: Dreamweaver, FrontPage, GoLive)
The best ones to learn HTML are Notepad.exe (installed with windows),
Hotdog, Hotmetal Pro, AceExpert, BBedit.
Notepad is perhaps a bit extreme as it can become a bit tiresome to have to
type everything, but its the best one to learn HTML, the rest all offer
automation to a degree (similar to the Visual programming languages, like
Visual Basic) you have to work with the actual code but yu simply need to
position you cursor in the right place and click a Bold button and it
inserts the code for you in front of your eyes which helps you to learn the
code, not as well as you would if you did it with Notepad but enough so that
you can move onto a fully WYSIWYG editor and be able to look at the code
created and edit it with confidence.
Another idea, similar to Notepad but will colour your code is a programming
editor that supports HTML code, you can find a freeware or shareware one at
www.softseek.com, they normally support multiple programming languages and
are a good way to start programming on a budget.
I would not advise you to use FrontPage or any other fully WYSIWYG editor as
you will not learn how to code in HTML, there are very few people in this
world you can use them just to code (how can u resist the temptation to
simply click a button and goto WYSIWYG mode).
Also FrontPage is not good at handling HTML code and makes very clunky code,
and its usually very Internet Explorer specific whereas on of the other
editors usually try to be Netscape compatible where possible.

Hope I helped
Kevin Hains
PS: If you want I can give u the address of a WebDesign mailing list where u
can get help with anything web related
:-)_____________________________________________
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://users.lia.net/hains/
Never fight with a Dragon for thou art crunchy and goest well with cheese

> Good evening,
> Does anyone have any comments on the CoffeeCup 7.0, Hot Dog
> Professional, or FrontPage 2000 html editors?  I need to buy an html
> editor and am seriously considering these editors.  I have limited
> experience with html and web sites and need something that will help me
> learn to actually code html.  I have breifly used FrontPage 2000 before
> but I am not sure I like it.  Are there any other html editors I should
> be considering?  Thanks in advance!

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html