Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:42:34 -0700
  Thomas Mayer directed my attention to a couple of enhancements that
Microsoft has made in XP which modify some of what I had written.
  One thing is that if the swap file is missing or too small, XP will create
or grow it as necessary -- even if you've turned it off or given it a small
maximum size.  Generally, I don't like it when Microsoft decides their code
knows better, but in this case it's the right thing to do.
  So a small swap file size will "work" after all.  Growing and shrinking
will expose it to the risk of fragmentation, but using NTFS should minimize
that.  (Or setting it to a large static size will, too.)

  How big your swap file needs to be doesn't depend on the amount of RAM
installed, except that if you're close to the maximum 4GB address space of
the CPU, Windows will never need to *use* the swap file and so you can turn
it off.
  If Windows is making too much use of the swap file, it's not because the
file is too big -- it's because the program mix you're running wants more
physical RAM than you currently have.

David Gillett

On 21 Oct 2006 at 13:38, Ann Fennell wrote:

Date sent:      	Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:38:00 -0400
Send reply to:  	PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
From:           	Ann Fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        	Re: [PCSOFT] Swap file
To:             	[log in to unmask]

                       http://freepctech.com/rode