Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 16:49:01 -0700
I somehow have created a problem when allowing Norton
System 2000 to diagnose/rebuild my ME registry. The
procedure started running and then everything locked up
tight.  After waiting about 20 min., I rebooted, knowing
that disaster was close at hand.

Upon bootup System Doctor reports low to med range of
CPU usage, when I access the dial-up (particularly during
"verifying name and password") CPU usage goes to 100%.

It will remain at 99-100% until I ctrl-alt-del and end task a
program - any program.  It is at 100% as I type this.  Still
works, but subject to blue-screen at any time.

I have tried end-task individual programs, and removed a few
suspect programs using Start-Cop, each time re-booting and
re-testing.  Also tried using ME's System Restore, it comes back
each and every time "unable to restore".

I put this thing together myself, and you'd think that sometime
during the 3 weeks it's been up and running I'd have created
some Rescue Disks.  Nope.  Too busy installing/configuring all
this stuff..

Am I looking at a re-format/startoveragain?  Is there an expert
out there who can tell me it's in the Registry and here's what
to do?  Is there a little task-bar utility that will flush/refresh
things and bring the CPU usage back to normal?

This system is Celeron 900, 256megs, Win ME, 20gigs. Any advice
would sure be appreciated.  I sure feel like a dumb-bell..

Tom McCoy
Fontana, CA

                       http://freepctech.com/rode