Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 06:05:22 -0500
At 22:31 12/12/99 , Travis West wrote:
>I need some help in clearing some menu item's when I right click on
>the desktop a window comes up with New and Shortcuts and under that
>is a bunch of programs some of which I dont use anymore my question
>is can I edit them and if so where and how...

Hi Travis

You can get rid of specific things in the New menu using the
Tweak UI Control Panel applet.

     Tweak UI will be in Control Panel only if you installed it.
     If not, it's on the Win98 CDROM and you really should install
     it. If you use Win95, you must download it from
     <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/bin/W95tweakui.exe>.

     To install Tweakui from the Win98 CDROM, find the Powertoys
     folder on the CDROM, locate the file tweakui.inf, right click
     on it, and choose Install from the menu. If you download
     Tweakui, put it in an empty folder, right click to expand it
     and then right click on tweakui.inf as above.

After you double click on the Tweak UI Control Panel applet, pick
the "New" tab. Uncheck entries that you don't want and click "apply"
before exiting Tweak UI.

You can also edit the registry yourself, instead of letting Tweak
UI do it for you. Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
Select Find from the Edit menu, type ShellNew, and press OK.
Every ShellNew that is found will be a branch of a particular
file type. If that file type is not wanted in the New menu, delete
the entire ShellNew branch. Repeat this for every unwanted file
type, and close the Registry Editor when finished. This information
is from <http://www.annoyances.org/win95/win95ann1.html#11>.

I would suggest that using Tweak UI is easier and safer but some
items deleted from the "New" menu using Tweak UI tend to come back
for no good reason or refuse to go away to start with. This is when
using REGEDIT is necessary.

Regards,
Bill

                     visit our download web page at: