Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:43:23 -0700
Bob,
No, I don't have MS Word and that's why it's telling me it cannot open MS
Word 6.0 files.  But, I've never had MS Word and that's why this is so odd.
I DID have Word Viewer, though, to open Word files people used to send me.
I think the Word Viewer changed my documents somehow that has made them
appear to be Word 6.0 documents to XP.  These documents that won't open were
created in WordPad in Win98SE and were .doc files.

When I do the Shift-right-click and 'open with' operation, I get the same
message, "Can not load Word for Windows 6.0 files."    I've tried notepad
too, and I can read them, but they're  not printable and also difficult to
read.  But, if it was information I just had to have, I can do that in the
meantime.

I think the file association was changed with the Word Viewer I had before.
I have thought that from the beginning, I just don't know how to reassociate
them to WorPad again.  That was what I didn't like about Word Viewer, now
that you mention it!  I had downloaded it simply so I could read Word docs
sent to me and yet it changed all my existing WordPad docs so I could no
longer edit them.  That is the big drawback to that program, at least for
me, because I need to alter many of my documents. (Usually by adding to
them.)  Now I KNOW I don't want Word Viewer again.

You mention Microsoft Works and I DID just have that in my last version of
Win98SE, so possibly that is what has done all this?  (Changed those
documents so they're no longer readable in WordPad.)

It just seems like a big glitch to me in these programs, especially the
Viewers, that they would do more than just view.  You know they have to be
altering your documents, when they make then so they can no longer be
edited.

I think maybe I'll look for Microsoft Works, if the next download of O.O.
doesn't help the documents problem.
Thanks,
Carol Hanson

                       http://freepctech.com/rode