Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:05:04 -0600
At 01:09 PM 4/20/99 , Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:
>Hello
>
>Can someone please give me a brief summary of Telnet?

Telnet is an Internet protocol similiar to FTP or HTTP...  it is a sub protocol of
TCP/IP...   probably the most powerful one.  FTP and HTTP only allow you
to retrieve files, where in Telnet you can retrieve files and logon to another
computer...  typically it is used for remote interaction with a second computer.
You become a regular user in the remote computer and have whatever
privilages allowed use as that user...  with root access you can do about
anything inside the remote computer...

I should also add that this is how we got around the Internet before the
advent of HTTP, (World Wide Web), and IRC...   you would dial into a
mainframe, login and than Telnet to another computer...  it was done using
the Shell account you had on the mainframe.

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: