Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:35:18 +0200
>... It's a relatively easy
>process to write a set of routines that list all of the styles in a
>workbook, list all of the ACTIVE styles, and delete those that are
>unused.  The routines use a brute force method of checking individual
>cells, which sounds slow, but really isn't.  I will send you an Excel
>file with these routines separately (do something nice for me someday).
>
>Stan Scott
>New York City

Thanks ... also for the macros.
I tried this and found there were 2278 styles defined in the suspect
file (and all cells were formatted with Normal meaning 2277 were unused)
... compared to 6 in my normal template.  Quite a few had the text
"laroux" within them, which is an Excel virus - does this mean the
originator has an infection?

However, I'm not clear how these relate to custom number formats.  A
style contains all formatting information, font, borders, etc as well as
number format.  If "custom" number formats are saved as styles, how are
they named?  A quick search in help found a "DeleteNumberFormat" method
but no methods or properties to list them.

Joe