Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 00:12:05 -0500
On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 at 15:34:53 +1300, Ian Porter wrote:
>On my W98SE...I uninstalled [a program called Startup Organiser]...
>it's left behind an icon in my Control Panel folder which I can't
>eradicate.

Hi Ian

Every entry in Control Panel has an associated file with
extension .cpl in your c:\windows\system folder.
(Obviously cpl stands for Control Panel.)

If you remove any .cpl file from the /windows/system folder,
the corresponding entry in Control Panel will disappear. So
you'll have to go through all the cpl files in your
/windows/system folder (do a search for *.cpl) and delete
the one corresponding to the program Startup Organizer.

If you're lucky, this cpl file will have a name that's
suggestive of Startup Organizer and you'll recognize
it right away. If not, it'll take trial and error. Drag
each unknown cpl file out of the /system folder, open
Control Panel, and see what entry disappeared. If you
chose the wrong cpl file, close Control Panel, drag the
cpl file back into the /windows/system folder, and try
a different one. (Many of the cpl files will have names
that are obviously not the one you want, so this is not
very difficult.)

Regards,
Bill

                       http://freepctech.com/rode