Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 23:53:49 -0500
After 10  happy years my Excel  has de-celerated!  Starting a month ago every time after working for from 5 minutes to one hour on an Excel spreadsheet I get a window:  "Excel has encountered a problem and must close..."  I have the option of either reporting to MS - or not.  Either way, Excel closes.  Can re-boot immediately but the same window will reappear - even sooner.  I've contacted MS support who very politely told me they don't support MS Office 2000 anymore.  Their advice:  "Buy our new Office suite." I re-installed my Office and now can't install any updates -when I tried to to install Office  SP1 I got a window which said "The expected version of the product was not found on your system".
 I'm running Office 2000, Small business edition on MS XP Home, SP3.   No other problems.
On the MS forum the only info was others had the same problem and the only work-around was to use "Open Office" app - which I've been doing, but I prefer my old Excel.

Anybody out there have a solution?  Need more info?  Thanks in advance for any help.

		Jim Harris,  Philadelphia
                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml