Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:32:09 +0200
>sheet.  At the end of the workbook is a sheet title "everyone" which
>tallies time for the location for the month.  I now need to develop a
>workbook that will automatically tally the monthly numbers from each
>location into one workbook.  I opened all the workbooks, selected the cells
>from each one for totals and it comes up with #VALUE.  As I'm not an Excel
>guru, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
>Regards,
>
>Darlene

Darlene, could you post the formula you are using? (Go to the cell
displaying the error, F2 to edit, select all the text in the cell and
copy to the clipboard, then paste into an email.)

The problem could be with the name of the per-location spreadsheets - if
there are any special characters the reference name must be in quotes -
but it sounds like you are copying and pasting so this should appear
automatically.

An idle question - are the separate workbooks open when you get this
error?  Excel does not (as far as I know) look inside closed files.

Joe